Join the Lotus Users Group for an exciting cast of characters as they talk about what’s new in Lotus Notes and Domino 8.5.3.
Register NOW Become a more social business with IBM Lotus Notes and Domino 8.5.3
Director, Messaging and Collaboration, IBM
October 6, 2011 12:00 PM Eastern Standard Time
Lotus Notes and Domino 8.5.3 provides numerous feature enhancements that benefit end-users, developers and administrators. Come hear about Lotus Notes and iNotes improvements for Mail and C&S; expanded device support, usability and administrative enhancements for Lotus Notes Traveler; performance/scalability improvements for XPages; Domino Designer productivity improvements; and expanded virtualization and data storage enhancements for Domino. In the last but certainly not least category, come hear how 8.5.3 accelerates your ability to find people and content as you embark on becoming a social business.
Sr. Product Manager — Domino Application Development, IBM
Program Director for Messaging & Collaboration Client Strategy, IBM
Product Manager — Lotus Notes Traveler & Lotus Mobile Connect, IBM
This is a free event for all attendees! REGISTER TODAY
Join us for the inaugural Pacific Lotus Users Group (PACLUG) event at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas on June 21-22. This event will bring together IT and LOB professionals from all over the Western United States to share ideas and tools using IBM Collaboration and Social Business solutions. This free event will provide you with the most current information about increasing your efficiency through collaboration and integrating your platforms with social business tools. This is an event that you will not want to miss!
We have many great plans for our inaugural event. These include:
· Expert panel discussion on “The Future of a Social Business”, which will cover topics like Web 2.0/E2.0, mobility, gamification, enterprise collaboration and much more!
· Keynote address including demos from Alistair Rennie, GM of IBM Collaboration Solutions
· Lab solutions area to see demos and meet with IBM subject matter experts
· Solution Showcase including the IBM Pavilion
· Discounted certification exams and testing area
· Meals and receptions
Sessions and Speakers include:
- A “Day in the Life” Exceptional Work Experience – Chris Crummey, IBM (@ccrummey)
- Application Development Strategy – Presented by IBM
- Building the Next Generation Web Experience with IBM Forms with Workflow – without coding – Bob McCandless, Alphalogix (@BobMcCandless)
- Creating or Moving Your Social Portal to the Cloud – Tom Simmons, Alacrinet (@tjsimm)
- Developing Mobile Apps with XPages 8.5.2 – Lance Spellman, WorkFlow Studios (@lance_spellman)
- Discussing a Mobile Strategy for Lotus Notes/Domino – Richard Sharpe, TeamStudio (@teamstudio)
- Exceptional Web Experience / Portal in the Cloud – How to make the right business driven decisions – Steven Gerhardt, Ixion
- From Phone Calls to Mobile Web – How Bekins Brought Mobile to Trucking – Mike Ostrowski (@mikeostrowski)
- Getting started as a social business – Don Browning, Sirius Computer Solutions (@CollabGuyDon)
- Introduction to IBM Lotus Web Content Management 7 – Naji Zeineh, Citent (@Citent)
- Leading the Way to Exceptional Customer Web Experiences – Jon Raslawski, IBM (@jrazz)
- Licensing Strategies for New Innovations – Presented by IBM
- LotusLive – Moving to the Cloud. LotusLive Hybrid infrastructure explained – Mark Harper, IBM (@k5tao)
- Messaging and Collaboration Strategy – Ed Brill, IBM (@edbrill)
- Organizing an XPages development team – Brian Benz, (@bbenz)
- Powering a Market Leading Business with Social Collaboration – Presented by IBM
- Project Vulcan in Action – Mind Meld Sold Separately – Bruce Elgort, Egluji Software (@belgort)
- Sametime from the Administrators side – Andy Higgins, IMCollaboration (@amhiggins)
- Security, DoD, and connecting it to Notes/Domino – D’Artagnan Fischer, SDDUG
- The Lotus Mobile Strategy– Presented by IBM
- Two-minute drills for Administrators – Ted Hardenburgh, Group Business Software [GBS] (@thardenb)
- Unified Communications and Collaboration Strategy and Roadmap – Presented by IBM
This is a free event for all attendees. You do not need to be a part of a local users group to attend, nor do you need to register for any other conference. Since this is a FREE conference, we have limited availability to host the event. Make sure you register today and make plans to attend. Your total cost will be your travel to Las Vegas and hotel arrangements. We have a block of hotel rooms at Planet Hollywood for $99/night.
This is your opportunity to learn and network with colleagues from all over the Western United States. Register today at www.paclug.org!
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/paclug
Friend us on Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/4oej3vd
Like our Facebook page: http://tinyurl.com/4twr9pe
LinkedIn Event page: http://events.linkedin.com/Pacific-Lotus-Users-Group-Conference/pub/646205
Lanyard social conference: http://lanyrd.com/2011/paclug/
We know how hard it is sometimes to get to these conference, we really do wish that you all could be here, but if you can’t…. IBM is offering some great options to plug into the conference and stay on top of all the great announcements, excitement and buzz around the conference. Here are some great links to keep you connected.
The Lotusphere Blog
The Lotusphere LIVESTREAM schedule
Lotusphere Social Aggregate
The Lotusphere on LinkedIn
And if you want to spend some time doing some hands on with Lotus Technologies – here are some other Links for Live Lotus Products:
LotusLive Get an account now!
Lotus Greenhouse Demo live all of the Lotus Technologies! (if you are are just joining now – you can add Holli Wagner as your rep in the sign up!)
We will miss you – but we want you here and in the loop! Thank goodness for social business!!
Going to Lotusphere for the first time? Going by yourself or just a few people? Want to meet up with a gang and go with them? 9 years running and we always have a great time, and we never know what we are going to end up doing after the park…. please join us!
This is open to customers, partners and IBM’ers alike!
The party starts @ 7:30 p.m. – 10:30 p.m. Lotusphere 2011 Party (PLEASE NOTE: Attendees must wear their badge in its badge holder for admittance. Guest tickets for adults and children may be purchased at Conference Registration. Security will be at the park to inspect all bags upon arrival.)
Lotusphere 2011 Agenda
Sheila Green Holli Wagner
Sheila and I will be at the Dolphin Fountain at 6:30pm to gather people up to join us… no reservations necessary!
We will leave for the bus @ 7pm…
Don’t be surprised if we are carrying surprises!! And you never know who might show up!
Hope to see you there!