This is a free event for all attendees! REGISTER TODAY
Join us for the inaugural Pacific Lotus Users Group (PACLUG) event at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas on June 21-22. This event will bring together IT and LOB professionals from all over the Western United States to share ideas and tools using IBM Collaboration and Social Business solutions. This free event will provide you with the most current information about increasing your efficiency through collaboration and integrating your platforms with social business tools. This is an event that you will not want to miss!
We have many great plans for our inaugural event. These include:
· Expert panel discussion on “The Future of a Social Business”, which will cover topics like Web 2.0/E2.0, mobility, gamification, enterprise collaboration and much more!
· Keynote address including demos from Alistair Rennie, GM of IBM Collaboration Solutions
· Lab solutions area to see demos and meet with IBM subject matter experts
· Solution Showcase including the IBM Pavilion
· Discounted certification exams and testing area
· Meals and receptions
Sessions and Speakers include:
- A “Day in the Life” Exceptional Work Experience – Chris Crummey, IBM (@ccrummey)
- Application Development Strategy – Presented by IBM
- Building the Next Generation Web Experience with IBM Forms with Workflow – without coding – Bob McCandless, Alphalogix (@BobMcCandless)
- Creating or Moving Your Social Portal to the Cloud – Tom Simmons, Alacrinet (@tjsimm)
- Developing Mobile Apps with XPages 8.5.2 – Lance Spellman, WorkFlow Studios (@lance_spellman)
- Discussing a Mobile Strategy for Lotus Notes/Domino – Richard Sharpe, TeamStudio (@teamstudio)
- Exceptional Web Experience / Portal in the Cloud – How to make the right business driven decisions – Steven Gerhardt, Ixion
- From Phone Calls to Mobile Web – How Bekins Brought Mobile to Trucking – Mike Ostrowski (@mikeostrowski)
- Getting started as a social business – Don Browning, Sirius Computer Solutions (@CollabGuyDon)
- Introduction to IBM Lotus Web Content Management 7 – Naji Zeineh, Citent (@Citent)
- Leading the Way to Exceptional Customer Web Experiences – Jon Raslawski, IBM (@jrazz)
- Licensing Strategies for New Innovations – Presented by IBM
- LotusLive – Moving to the Cloud. LotusLive Hybrid infrastructure explained – Mark Harper, IBM (@k5tao)
- Messaging and Collaboration Strategy – Ed Brill, IBM (@edbrill)
- Organizing an XPages development team – Brian Benz, (@bbenz)
- Powering a Market Leading Business with Social Collaboration – Presented by IBM
- Project Vulcan in Action – Mind Meld Sold Separately – Bruce Elgort, Egluji Software (@belgort)
- Sametime from the Administrators side – Andy Higgins, IMCollaboration (@amhiggins)
- Security, DoD, and connecting it to Notes/Domino – D’Artagnan Fischer, SDDUG
- The Lotus Mobile Strategy– Presented by IBM
- Two-minute drills for Administrators – Ted Hardenburgh, Group Business Software [GBS] (@thardenb)
- Unified Communications and Collaboration Strategy and Roadmap – Presented by IBM
This is a free event for all attendees. You do not need to be a part of a local users group to attend, nor do you need to register for any other conference. Since this is a FREE conference, we have limited availability to host the event. Make sure you register today and make plans to attend. Your total cost will be your travel to Las Vegas and hotel arrangements. We have a block of hotel rooms at Planet Hollywood for $99/night.
This is your opportunity to learn and network with colleagues from all over the Western United States. Register today at www.paclug.org!
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/paclug
Friend us on Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/4oej3vd
Like our Facebook page: http://tinyurl.com/4twr9pe
LinkedIn Event page: http://events.linkedin.com/Pacific-Lotus-Users-Group-Conference/pub/646205
Lanyard social conference: http://lanyrd.com/2011/paclug/
Value of Notes/Domino
TCO with N/D 8.5 has decreased costs by 30% or more with sophisticated compression technologies, administration improvements, and End User functions. Consulting and free tools are provided to help customers determine their own potential For example, Forrester Consulting calculated a three-year, risk-adjusted ROI of 147% for an organization with a payback period within twelve months of deployment. See link below….
- Free and embedded functions within the Notes/Domino platform providing more value for your IT staff and End Users
- Embedded Instant Messaging
- File Sharing and social networking
- Full featured Browser based email
- Push to Mobile devices (including Blackberry, iPhone/pad/pod, Windows Mobile, and Android)
- VPN connectivity
- Web 2.0 and client-based Designer tools
- Personal Open Document Format Productivity – documents, spreadsheets, & presentations
- Personal secure (drag and drop) document repository for team sharing
- APIs to key industry tools – SAP, Siebel
TCO of update to 8.5.x is less than 12 months, 30% fewer servers, 40% to 60% in disk savings, >50% I/O consumption, ~50% in Network bandwidth and extensive integration via Eclipse & Web Services
Free – SW Entitlements with Notes & Domino (live links here)
Why IBM for your integrated desktop client
Easy to use, integrated desktop client that brings you the people, business applications, and information you need from across the enterprise and the Internet to help you get your work done fast.
We have a few tools that can help the customers realize cost savings. If you would like assistance with any of these tools, IBM can help you plan for your upgrade, cost out the savings as well as assist in your own value proposition for your upgrade. If you do not know your IBM Lotus Rep or technical lead – please contact me directly and I would be glad to get someone to assist you immediately!
Join us and meet the experts that can help you become knowledgeable about the collaboration solutions that are specific to your industry, your business objectives and your IT operations:
- Do you have new employees wondering where the social software is?
- Are your professionals curious about how they can use email on the web from any one of their devices?
- Is your management team asking you, ‘When can you help us deliver a web channel that will drive our customers to learn more about our products and services’?
- Are your colleagues and business partners tired of having to open all sorts of different collaboration tools just to get simple work done?
Attend key sessions to get insider information on:
- Messaging & Collaboration
- Social Networking
- Web 2.0 tools
- Software as a service
- Unified Communications & Collaboration
Take advantage of this opportunity to learn more about how IBM can help you improve your competitive advantage and thrive within the challenges presented by today’s economic environment.
Invite your colleagues to register today for an event near you: http://www.ibm.com/lotus/lcty
I look forward to seeing you at the Lotusphere Comes to You.
Presentations and Hands-on Lab Exercises for a 1 or 2 day Proof of Technology (PoT), with materials focusing on Notes ® End User, Domino® Administration, and Domino Application Development enhancements in version 8.5.
The Notes & Domino 8.5 Upgrade PoT is intended to provide the customer with an in-depth examination of the new capabilities of version 8.5 of the products. For existing customers, this exploration will help them assess the additional value and potential impact to their existing environment. For new customers, this exploration will not only give them a hands-on experience with a product new to them but it will also reinforce our advantages over the competition, such as the power of applications. At the conclusion of the Proof of Technology, the customer will leave with an excitement about the business problems this new version can help solve.
This Proof of Technology is targeted for IT Managers, Application Developers, System Administrators and Architects evaluating IBM Lotus Notes / Domino. No prerequisite knowledge of Notes or Domino is required; however, it is recommended that participants have an understanding of their business needs and current IT technologies.
This session is offered free of charge. Complimentary refreshments including continental breakfast and lunch will be provided. However, participants
are responsible for their own business travel expenses.
For your convenience, registration and continental breakfast will begin at 8:00 AM. The session on day 1 will start at 8:30 AM and end at approximately
6:00 PM. On day 2, breakfast will start at 8:30 AM, the session will start at 9:00 AM and end at approximately 5:00 PM.
CONTACT FOR INFORMATION
This Proof of Technology is on a nomination process, please send email@example.com an email to register by November 1st 2009.
This is a great video… that went viral last week inside IBM and now is going viral oursite of IBM…. A must have!
A comprehensive collection of more than 1,000 Lotus tutorials and video clips showing users how to perform essential tasks.
Affordable solution for Lotus customers
Support for 11 languages
Reduced tech support calls and costs
Individual clips can be “drip fed” to employees via e-mail to prepare for a product rollout or upgrade.
Clips include step-by-step text instructions
Can be embedded right into the Notes client