Becoming a Social Business has Never Been Easier
Simply take advantage of your investments in IBM collaboration software & solutions
Did you know you can make your investment in collaboration software and solutions more valuable by taking full advantage of the range of capabilities that come with your software purchase?
The fact is, you ARE entitled! If you own Lotus Notes/Domino, Lotus Notes Traveler, Sametime, Connections and/or WebSphere Portal, please join us for a local, in-person event.
You’ll see how easy it is to stay productive and connected. We’ll show you how you can integrate and use the best and most powerful software capabilities available in your existing environment – and become a Social Business while you are at it.
IBM Collaboration Software & Solutions Embrace technology.
Enhance relationships with employees, customers and partners. Get things done more quickly and efficiently. That’s what becoming a Social Business is all about.
You can start from anywhere:
And you can deliver an unprecedented and timely return on your investments.
Locations & Dates
For More Information, contact:
It is that time of year again and we have so much to celebrate and share! This is a great opportunity to learn about all the announcements over the past year, advancements in ICS technology and visions going forward.
This is your opportunity to see first hand in the labs what we can do and where we are going. There are tons of sessions to hear from the experts, listen to real customer experiences and share what you know and build your skills. The product showcase will be filled with partner solutions and integrators that can help you extend solutions in your organization.
Need more reasons to attend? See the Top Five Reasons to Attend Lotusphere 2012
New this year, IBM Connect 2012 is a two-day social business event covering a wide range of topics from what it means to be a social business to creating value and better business outcomes. IBM Connect runs in parallel to Lotusphere 2012.
This is a great time to make relationships that can help you grow, keep you connected and elevate your access! Join in on the conversations that are happening now and will continue through out the conference!
Look forward to seeing you there!
Join the Lotus Users Group for an exciting cast of characters as they talk about what’s new in Lotus Notes and Domino 8.5.3.
Director, Messaging and Collaboration, IBM
October 6, 2011 12:00 PM Eastern Standard Time
Lotus Notes and Domino 8.5.3 provides numerous feature enhancements that benefit end-users, developers and administrators. Come hear about Lotus Notes and iNotes improvements for Mail and C&S; expanded device support, usability and administrative enhancements for Lotus Notes Traveler; performance/scalability improvements for XPages; Domino Designer productivity improvements; and expanded virtualization and data storage enhancements for Domino. In the last but certainly not least category, come hear how 8.5.3 accelerates your ability to find people and content as you embark on becoming a social business.
Sr. Product Manager — Domino Application Development, IBM
Program Director for Messaging & Collaboration Client Strategy, IBM
Product Manager — Lotus Notes Traveler & Lotus Mobile Connect, IBM
XPages Guru Webinar
Event Date: Jun 1, 2011
Event Time: 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM (Eastern Time)
Hosted By: David Elsasser (IBM)
Presented By: Chris Blatnick (IBM), Matt White, Bruce Elgort, Tim Tripcony, Chris Toohey, David Leedy
XPages is an exciting Web 2.0 rapid development environment based around JSF and Java technology running on the IBM Lotus Notes and Domino platform. IBM Lotus Notes and Domino has been an established platform for developing applications where customers have been able to utilize industry leading security and workflow capabilities for business applications. XPages extends these capabilities further by providing a full modern web development platform.
Please join IBM and some special guests on June 1 for a webinar on XPages, what it can do for you, and how you can get there! We have lined up a who’s who list of industry experts … true gurus in the field of Domino rapid application development, XPages technology, and modernization of existing legacy applications … to help you get up to speed on this technology! The speaker for this webinar will be:
Chris Blatnick – Lotus Client Technical Professional, IBM
Matt White – Lead Developer, Elguji Software and Consultant, Fynn Consulting Ltd
Bruce Elgort – Co-Founder and Chairman, OpenNTF.org and Advisor, Elguji Software
Tim Tripcony – Xmage, Group Business Software
Chris Toohey – Guru, Group Business Software
David Leedy – Collaborative Solutions Developer, Czarnowski
- What is XPages? – Matt White
- Case Studies – Discussion database, XTalk, etc. – Bruce Elgort
- Benefits of XPages – Matt White
- Why should I transition? – Tim Tripcony
- Roadmap to XPages (How do I get from here to there?) – Chris Toohey
- What resources are out there? – David Leedy
- Q & A
If you are interested in how XPages technology can help you improve your application development process and better leverage Web 2.0 technology quickly and easily, this session is for you!
Register for this event at:
If clicking a link above does not work, please copy the entire link and paste it into your Web browser.
For technical questions, contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about this event, contact the host at: email@example.com.
Powered by LotusLive
©Copyright 2000, 2011 IBM Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
Join us for the inaugural Pacific Lotus Users Group (PACLUG) event at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas on June 21-22. This event will bring together IT and LOB professionals from all over the Western United States to share ideas and tools using IBM Collaboration and Social Business solutions. This free event will provide you with the most current information about increasing your efficiency through collaboration and integrating your platforms with social business tools. This is an event that you will not want to miss!
We have many great plans for our inaugural event. These include:
· Expert panel discussion on “The Future of a Social Business”, which will cover topics like Web 2.0/E2.0, mobility, gamification, enterprise collaboration and much more!
· Keynote address including demos from Alistair Rennie, GM of IBM Collaboration Solutions
· Lab solutions area to see demos and meet with IBM subject matter experts
· Solution Showcase including the IBM Pavilion
· Discounted certification exams and testing area
· Meals and receptions
Sessions and Speakers include:
- A “Day in the Life” Exceptional Work Experience – Chris Crummey, IBM (@ccrummey)
- Application Development Strategy – Presented by IBM
- Building the Next Generation Web Experience with IBM Forms with Workflow – without coding – Bob McCandless, Alphalogix (@BobMcCandless)
- Creating or Moving Your Social Portal to the Cloud – Tom Simmons, Alacrinet (@tjsimm)
- Developing Mobile Apps with XPages 8.5.2 – Lance Spellman, WorkFlow Studios (@lance_spellman)
- Discussing a Mobile Strategy for Lotus Notes/Domino – Richard Sharpe, TeamStudio (@teamstudio)
- Exceptional Web Experience / Portal in the Cloud – How to make the right business driven decisions – Steven Gerhardt, Ixion
- From Phone Calls to Mobile Web – How Bekins Brought Mobile to Trucking – Mike Ostrowski (@mikeostrowski)
- Getting started as a social business – Don Browning, Sirius Computer Solutions (@CollabGuyDon)
- Introduction to IBM Lotus Web Content Management 7 – Naji Zeineh, Citent (@Citent)
- Leading the Way to Exceptional Customer Web Experiences – Jon Raslawski, IBM (@jrazz)
- Licensing Strategies for New Innovations – Presented by IBM
- LotusLive – Moving to the Cloud. LotusLive Hybrid infrastructure explained – Mark Harper, IBM (@k5tao)
- Messaging and Collaboration Strategy – Ed Brill, IBM (@edbrill)
- Organizing an XPages development team – Brian Benz, (@bbenz)
- Powering a Market Leading Business with Social Collaboration – Presented by IBM
- Project Vulcan in Action – Mind Meld Sold Separately – Bruce Elgort, Egluji Software (@belgort)
- Sametime from the Administrators side – Andy Higgins, IMCollaboration (@amhiggins)
- Security, DoD, and connecting it to Notes/Domino – D’Artagnan Fischer, SDDUG
- The Lotus Mobile Strategy– Presented by IBM
- Two-minute drills for Administrators – Ted Hardenburgh, Group Business Software [GBS] (@thardenb)
- Unified Communications and Collaboration Strategy and Roadmap – Presented by IBM
This is a free event for all attendees. You do not need to be a part of a local users group to attend, nor do you need to register for any other conference. Since this is a FREE conference, we have limited availability to host the event. Make sure you register today and make plans to attend. Your total cost will be your travel to Las Vegas and hotel arrangements. We have a block of hotel rooms at Planet Hollywood for $99/night.
This is your opportunity to learn and network with colleagues from all over the Western United States. Register today at www.paclug.org!
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/paclug
Friend us on Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/4oej3vd
Like our Facebook page: http://tinyurl.com/4twr9pe
LinkedIn Event page: http://events.linkedin.com/Pacific-Lotus-Users-Group-Conference/pub/646205
Lanyard social conference: http://lanyrd.com/2011/paclug/
Bringing IBM expertise to a global forum
Every year, IBM brings together leading-edge thinkers, technology gurus and business experts for more than 30 technical universities and seminars worldwide.
These events provide a forum where IT professionals can explore current and emerging technical topics, meet respected industry leaders and network with peers from around the globe.
- Upgrade your IT skills. The key to success is training; get it quickly at an IBM Technical Universities.
- Test-drive the latest technologies through hands-on labs. Roll up your sleeves and get involved with the latest systems and software.
- Hear breaking news from the original source. Get up to speed on the latest product releases, trends, tips and techniques – direct from IBM.
- Network with experts and colleagues from a variety of industries.
- Load up on great information. Get the background you need to make quick, intelligent business decisions.
- Explore a wide selection of topics. Expand your skills in the area of your choice with a variety of elective sessions for every level, from new user to expert.
- Certify your skills onsite with testing at many events.
- Get the most out of your training experience. We’ve designed cost-saving programs to meet your needs and your schedule. There are even classes on Sunday at many events.
Value of Notes/Domino
TCO with N/D 8.5 has decreased costs by 30% or more with sophisticated compression technologies, administration improvements, and End User functions. Consulting and free tools are provided to help customers determine their own potential For example, Forrester Consulting calculated a three-year, risk-adjusted ROI of 147% for an organization with a payback period within twelve months of deployment. See link below….
- Free and embedded functions within the Notes/Domino platform providing more value for your IT staff and End Users
- Embedded Instant Messaging
- File Sharing and social networking
- Full featured Browser based email
- Push to Mobile devices (including Blackberry, iPhone/pad/pod, Windows Mobile, and Android)
- VPN connectivity
- Web 2.0 and client-based Designer tools
- Personal Open Document Format Productivity – documents, spreadsheets, & presentations
- Personal secure (drag and drop) document repository for team sharing
- APIs to key industry tools – SAP, Siebel
TCO of update to 8.5.x is less than 12 months, 30% fewer servers, 40% to 60% in disk savings, >50% I/O consumption, ~50% in Network bandwidth and extensive integration via Eclipse & Web Services
Free – SW Entitlements with Notes & Domino (live links here)
- Lotus Symphony , can save $300 per user
- Lotus Traveler, iPhone, Android, Windows Mobile
- IBM Lotus Sametime Entry software
- IBM Lotus Domino Designer software
- IBM Lotus Mobile Connect (VPN) client software
Why IBM for your integrated desktop client
Easy to use, integrated desktop client that brings you the people, business applications, and information you need from across the enterprise and the Internet to help you get your work done fast.
- Demo: See Lotus Notes and Domino 8 now
- New to Lotus Notes and Domino? Share this brochure with your IT executives (New and updated). (1.22MB)Learn how integrating
- LotusLive Notes messaging in the cloud with Lotus Notes and Domino software can help dramatically reduce infrastructure costs (246KB)
- Wiki and Forums
We have a few tools that can help the customers realize cost savings. If you would like assistance with any of these tools, IBM can help you plan for your upgrade, cost out the savings as well as assist in your own value proposition for your upgrade. If you do not know your IBM Lotus Rep or technical lead – please contact me directly and I would be glad to get someone to assist you immediately!
Date: November 17, 2010
Time: 12:00 pm Eastern U.S. Time
Hosted by LotusUserGroup.org, Sponsored by GROUP
XPages technology enhances your ability to create world-class Notes and Domino applications and leverage your Domino investments to deliver modern, scalable, high performance Web 2.0 style applications. But, until now, learning a new development skill and applying it to a drawn-out and cumbersome platform migration has been a task many developers have been putting off. Fortunately, this presentation will introduce you to a new tool that lets you modernize your legacy Notes applications by converting them to XPages with GROUP’s revolutionary tool, Evolution Transformer.
Join Jennifer Meade, CTO at GROUP, and Nathan Freeman, GROUP Frameworks VP Research & Development, for this brief online presentation and learn the ins and outs of this new tool that transforms Domino applications with XPages for you:
- Learn how to rapidly modernize legacy Domino applications at half the cost of moving to another platform
- Extend applications to private and public clouds with no lock-in
- Leverage existing infrastructures (hardware, middleware, directory services)
- Standardize application appearance across your organization
- See a demonstration of the Evolution Transformer solution in action
Don’t miss the presentation that will show you the easiest and best way to leverage your Domino investments by converting to XPages and delivering modern, scalable, high performance Web 2.0 style applications with ease.
This presentation is free to LotusUserGroup.org members but requires pre-registration.
This Virtual User Group Meeting is hosted by LotusUserGroup.org.
Join us and meet the experts that can help you become knowledgeable about the collaboration solutions that are specific to your industry, your business objectives and your IT operations:
- Do you have new employees wondering where the social software is?
- Are your professionals curious about how they can use email on the web from any one of their devices?
- Is your management team asking you, ‘When can you help us deliver a web channel that will drive our customers to learn more about our products and services’?
- Are your colleagues and business partners tired of having to open all sorts of different collaboration tools just to get simple work done?
Attend key sessions to get insider information on:
- Messaging & Collaboration
- Social Networking
- Web 2.0 tools
- Software as a service
- Unified Communications & Collaboration
Take advantage of this opportunity to learn more about how IBM can help you improve your competitive advantage and thrive within the challenges presented by today’s economic environment.
Invite your colleagues to register today for an event near you: http://www.ibm.com/lotus/lcty
I look forward to seeing you at the Lotusphere Comes to You.
Smartphone users send or receive emails more than any other business activity. And you may have guessed that accessing calendar information is a close second. We all know how critical mobile access has become in today’s workplace. IBM and WorkFlow Studios invite you to see the great possibilities when you include these mobile devices in your collaboration strategy.
At this session we will discuss and demo various Lotus products on the iPhone, Blackberry and Windows Mobile devices.
The goal is to encourage you to consider including these types of devices in your strategy and to show you how your employees can have access to their mail, calendar, PIM and other applications using these devices.
Lotus mobility solutions for Blackberry devices
Lotus mobility solutions for Windows Mobile devices
iPhone Application development for mobile devices
San Francisco, CA – February 9
9:00 am – 12:00 pm
IBM San Francisco Innovation Center
425 Market Street, Room #20-280
San Francisco, CA 94105
Costa Mesa, CA – February 11
9:00 am – 12:00 pm
IBM Costa Mesa 600 Anton Blvd, 2nd Floor Room #209
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Space is limited REGISTER NOW
For more information:
Director of Interactive Sales and Marketing