This is a free event for all attendees! REGISTER TODAY
Join us for the inaugural Pacific Lotus Users Group (PACLUG) event at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas on June 21-22. This event will bring together IT and LOB professionals from all over the Western United States to share ideas and tools using IBM Collaboration and Social Business solutions. This free event will provide you with the most current information about increasing your efficiency through collaboration and integrating your platforms with social business tools. This is an event that you will not want to miss!
We have many great plans for our inaugural event. These include:
· Expert panel discussion on “The Future of a Social Business”, which will cover topics like Web 2.0/E2.0, mobility, gamification, enterprise collaboration and much more!
· Keynote address including demos from Alistair Rennie, GM of IBM Collaboration Solutions
· Lab solutions area to see demos and meet with IBM subject matter experts
· Solution Showcase including the IBM Pavilion
· Discounted certification exams and testing area
· Meals and receptions
Sessions and Speakers include:
- A “Day in the Life” Exceptional Work Experience – Chris Crummey, IBM (@ccrummey)
- Application Development Strategy – Presented by IBM
- Building the Next Generation Web Experience with IBM Forms with Workflow – without coding – Bob McCandless, Alphalogix (@BobMcCandless)
- Creating or Moving Your Social Portal to the Cloud – Tom Simmons, Alacrinet (@tjsimm)
- Developing Mobile Apps with XPages 8.5.2 – Lance Spellman, WorkFlow Studios (@lance_spellman)
- Discussing a Mobile Strategy for Lotus Notes/Domino – Richard Sharpe, TeamStudio (@teamstudio)
- Exceptional Web Experience / Portal in the Cloud – How to make the right business driven decisions – Steven Gerhardt, Ixion
- From Phone Calls to Mobile Web – How Bekins Brought Mobile to Trucking – Mike Ostrowski (@mikeostrowski)
- Getting started as a social business – Don Browning, Sirius Computer Solutions (@CollabGuyDon)
- Introduction to IBM Lotus Web Content Management 7 – Naji Zeineh, Citent (@Citent)
- Leading the Way to Exceptional Customer Web Experiences – Jon Raslawski, IBM (@jrazz)
- Licensing Strategies for New Innovations – Presented by IBM
- LotusLive – Moving to the Cloud. LotusLive Hybrid infrastructure explained – Mark Harper, IBM (@k5tao)
- Messaging and Collaboration Strategy – Ed Brill, IBM (@edbrill)
- Organizing an XPages development team – Brian Benz, (@bbenz)
- Powering a Market Leading Business with Social Collaboration – Presented by IBM
- Project Vulcan in Action – Mind Meld Sold Separately – Bruce Elgort, Egluji Software (@belgort)
- Sametime from the Administrators side – Andy Higgins, IMCollaboration (@amhiggins)
- Security, DoD, and connecting it to Notes/Domino – D’Artagnan Fischer, SDDUG
- The Lotus Mobile Strategy– Presented by IBM
- Two-minute drills for Administrators – Ted Hardenburgh, Group Business Software [GBS] (@thardenb)
- Unified Communications and Collaboration Strategy and Roadmap – Presented by IBM
This is a free event for all attendees. You do not need to be a part of a local users group to attend, nor do you need to register for any other conference. Since this is a FREE conference, we have limited availability to host the event. Make sure you register today and make plans to attend. Your total cost will be your travel to Las Vegas and hotel arrangements. We have a block of hotel rooms at Planet Hollywood for $99/night.
This is your opportunity to learn and network with colleagues from all over the Western United States. Register today at www.paclug.org!
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/paclug
Friend us on Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/4oej3vd
Like our Facebook page: http://tinyurl.com/4twr9pe
LinkedIn Event page: http://events.linkedin.com/Pacific-Lotus-Users-Group-Conference/pub/646205
Lanyard social conference: http://lanyrd.com/2011/paclug/
Value of Notes/Domino
TCO with N/D 8.5 has decreased costs by 30% or more with sophisticated compression technologies, administration improvements, and End User functions. Consulting and free tools are provided to help customers determine their own potential For example, Forrester Consulting calculated a three-year, risk-adjusted ROI of 147% for an organization with a payback period within twelve months of deployment. See link below….
- Free and embedded functions within the Notes/Domino platform providing more value for your IT staff and End Users
- Embedded Instant Messaging
- File Sharing and social networking
- Full featured Browser based email
- Push to Mobile devices (including Blackberry, iPhone/pad/pod, Windows Mobile, and Android)
- VPN connectivity
- Web 2.0 and client-based Designer tools
- Personal Open Document Format Productivity – documents, spreadsheets, & presentations
- Personal secure (drag and drop) document repository for team sharing
- APIs to key industry tools – SAP, Siebel
TCO of update to 8.5.x is less than 12 months, 30% fewer servers, 40% to 60% in disk savings, >50% I/O consumption, ~50% in Network bandwidth and extensive integration via Eclipse & Web Services
Free – SW Entitlements with Notes & Domino (live links here)
Why IBM for your integrated desktop client
Easy to use, integrated desktop client that brings you the people, business applications, and information you need from across the enterprise and the Internet to help you get your work done fast.
We have a few tools that can help the customers realize cost savings. If you would like assistance with any of these tools, IBM can help you plan for your upgrade, cost out the savings as well as assist in your own value proposition for your upgrade. If you do not know your IBM Lotus Rep or technical lead – please contact me directly and I would be glad to get someone to assist you immediately!
Did I get your attention?? Hmmmm… you are wondering how this is possible?
IBM Lotus is very focused on integration in your environment. We do not believe that you should be locked down with a technology, that you should be able to blend the technologies to create the best work space for your end users. Lotus specifically leaves the door open for you to integrate the technologies that you need. Each of our technologies offer complimentary touch points into and with the Microsoft environments to provide the best capabilities. See for yourself. Interested in learning more? Please feel free to contact me @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are some great links to show you how! :))
Did you know that IBM offers resources for Self Education? These tutorials offer you walk thru lab exercises that step you thru creation and understanding of the topic. Links are available to download trial software if you are not currently using the required software for the exercises.
Most of these are targeted to Developers. But my moto is “Administrators must know something about developement and Develepors must know about Administration…” so Admins don’t be afraid to try these out…. there is huge value in explanding your knowledge to understanding how the applications work.
Here is the latest posted lab
For more information see the Technical Library for Lotus…. but you should also know that there are tons of tutorials for all of the IBM Software brands…. so interested in Tivoli Monitoring for transaction Performance… it is there!
Happy Learning …Holli
Don’t miss our next Virtual User Group meeting with a presentation by PSC:
The Real World of Integration:
How Lotus Notes & Domino can work with Microsoft Office, Lotus Symphony and the power of Integra for Notes
Date: Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Time: Noon ET/9:00 am PT
Duration: 60 minutes (including Q&A)
Already a member?
Log in to register for the presentation.
Not a member yet? Membership is FREE. Join now
Hosted by LotusUserGroup.org, sponsored by PSC
Welcome to the real world, where Lotus Notes and Lotus Domino are just part of your corporate toolset. This live, online presentation will introduce you to some unique and time saving techniques for the integration of Lotus Notes and Domino with Microsoft Office, .NET technologies, and Lotus Symphony. No matter what version of Notes you’re running (even 8.5) all the way back to 6.5, you’ll come away with a solid plan for Mail Merge, exporting to a spreadsheet, charting, presentation building, and integration on the Web.
You’ll learn some advanced topics such as Visual Studio Tools for Office integration with Lotus Domino Web Services. Plus, we’ll show you live demos on how to use Notes & Domino 8.5 to improve your integration options. Finally. we will touch on how the Integra for Notes reporting and integration framework can reduce your cost to provide your users with the reports they need to get their jobs done.
Don’t miss this informative and instructional presentation by leading Lotus guru John Head and long time expert Alex Kassabov.
The presentation is free for LotusUserGroup.org members, but requires pre-registration.
This Virtual User Group Meeting is brought to you by PSC, and is hosted by LotusUserGroup.org.