Are you moving to IBM Verse in the Cloud? Are you decommissioning your Domino Mail Servers? Are you looking to reduce your footprint and consolidate?
What is your strategy for your Domino Applications? As you plan your mail migration to the cloud, consider your options for Domino Applications in the Cloud.
IBM Lab Services can help you get there. We can help you assess your environment, analyze your applications and make the right decisions for your organization.
- Understand what Domino Applications you have.
- Identify usage metrics on all applications.
- Understand what continues to be used and has value.
- Gather application metrics and be ready to make informed decisions.
- Provide code analysis to determine complexity.
- Improve the value of your applications.
- Apply modernization patterns to existing applications to drive value.
- Retire applications that no longer provide value.
- How are applications managed?
- Where do applications live?
- Continue On Premises operations
- Outsource Application Platform Administration
- Move operations to the Cloud
Check out our video on Domino Applications in the Cloud!
Date: March 21, 2013
Time: 2pm-3pm Eastern
Is email still the “killer app” it used to be? Social technologies and mobile capabilities are changing the way people communicate in the workplace. Many organizations are employing BYOD strategies and embracing social business tools like file sharing, chat, wikis and communities. In the past, email was used for storing and sharing documents and having conversations with groups – tasks which are much better suited for today’s social cloud collaboration tools. Email usage may be evolving, but email is not dead. In fact, everyone in the organization from executives to factory workers needs email to stay connected. And many organizations are moving their messaging to cloud to take advantage of the flexibility and cost savings a cloud environment provides.
In this webcast, you will learn:
• How the nature of email has changed and why everyone in your organization still needs it.
• Why the cloud makes sense for messaging for everyone from executives, to sales, to boundary workers, either as hybrid solution or for the entire workforce.
• How email complements social business technologies and how you can start using your email more efficiently in the workplace.
• How moving messaging to the cloud can help reduce IT cost and complexity.
Ted Brufke-US SaaS Leader, IBM Collaboration Solutions
Ramsey Pryor-Senior Offerings Manager, IBM SmartCloud for Social Business
Karolyn Schalk-Vice President IT Infrastructure, Apex
Registration Link: http://event.on24.com/r.htm?e=589491&s=1&k=A2F617BDE57BD2E15929D4E9D4E88437&partnerref=IBM03
Join IBM on March 13th at 11am US ET to learn how a comprehensive platform for social business can deliver business value and help you beat the competition. See first-hand the latest collaboration technology advances and adoption techniques.
You will learn:
Whether you’re a business leader looking to transform your front office, a CIO looking to build a social platform to support organizational growth, an existing IBM customer, or even a Microsoft customer, you cannot afford to miss this exciting and informative broadcast.
Next month, we will be announcing some exciting offerings that you should be aware of and understand IN ADVANCE. We are deep in the final planning phase of the launch of the Next Generation Platform for Social Business, which you heard about it at Connect 2013. NOW is the time to prepare yourself for this exciting news. Here are the key highlights:
- Notes and Domino 9 Social Edition. This release will be the industry’s first truly social email client. It delivers a social experience to users, whether on a browser or on the broadest range of mobile devices. It also allows customers to unlock business creativity and workforce productivity with a modern, social interface and provide access from the user’s choice of one or a combination of rich, web and mobile clients.
- Notes Traveler 9. This release empowers the highly mobile 21st century workforce with comprehensive enterprise collaboration capabilities on the broadest array of mobile devices and platforms available in the marketplace today.
- Connections Content Manager & Connections 4.5. These releases leverage and enhance the foundational capabilities of our enterprise social software platform and provide embedded content management capabilities, making corporate content available across the enterprise.
Detailed news and information will be shared on March 13th broadcast entitled “From Liking to Leading: Transforming Your Business with a Next Generation Platform for Social Business. I encourage you to join by registering here to attend. You will hear firsthand when the above-mentioned offerings will be generally available. More important, you’ll hear why you should get started with these new offerings right away.
Please join us for an Open Mic Q&A discussion on "All about Notes databases". You’ll have an opportunity to ask questions directly of IBM Lotus Developers and Support Engineers.
||Date: Wednesday, March 16
Time: 11:00 AM Eastern US time (3:00 PM UTC/GMT), for 60 minutes
|Q&A and transcript
||You may submit questions in advance as a response to this entry in the Notes/Domino 8.5 forum. A transcript of all questions and answers will be posted to the following technote: Technote #1457446 – Open Mic Q&A: All about Notes databases – 16 March 2011
|Web Conference URL
||Dial-in passcode: 4297643
Dial-in phone numbers:
If you are located in a country that is not specifically listed, please dial the toll number of the nearest country, or the USA toll number.
|USA / CANADA
|UNITED KIN GDOM
||Visit our Lotus Support Technical Exchange Events page for upcoming events.
||You are receiving this invitation because you have contacted IBM Support in the past. To unsubscribe, send a message to ndinfo with "unsubscribe" in the subject line. Please be aware that doing so will also unsubscribe you from periodic Support Content Highlights newsletters.
Please book your calendar for this call. We look forward to talking with you!
The IBM Lotus Notes & Domino team
We know how hard it is sometimes to get to these conference, we really do wish that you all could be here, but if you can’t…. IBM is offering some great options to plug into the conference and stay on top of all the great announcements, excitement and buzz around the conference. Here are some great links to keep you connected.
The Lotusphere Blog
The Lotusphere LIVESTREAM schedule
Lotusphere Social Aggregate
The Lotusphere on LinkedIn
And if you want to spend some time doing some hands on with Lotus Technologies – here are some other Links for Live Lotus Products:
LotusLive Get an account now!
Lotus Greenhouse Demo live all of the Lotus Technologies! (if you are are just joining now – you can add Holli Wagner as your rep in the sign up!)
We will miss you – but we want you here and in the loop! Thank goodness for social business!!
click for lotuslive seminar invitation – nov2010
Communicate and Collaborate in the cloud with the IBM LotusLive online collaboration suite
Nov 2, 2010
9:30 AM – 1PM
600 Anton, 2nd Floor
Costa Mesa CA, 92626
Nov 9, 2010
9:30 AM – 1PM
425 Market Street,
San Francisco CA, 94105
Join us to get the details on how cloud-based solutions from IBM can help your organization work smarter and reduce costs.
Lunch will be provided.
You’re invited to attend this FREE seminar to discuss IBM’s cloud initiatives for collaboration. Cloud computing platforms provide flexibility, speed and cost reductions. IBM’s suite of collaboration tools strengthen communications internally and externally, while aiding in the coordination of resources for teams and projects.
E-mail Collaboration Web Conferencing
- LotusLive Engage
- LotusLive Connections
- LotusLive Meetings
- LotusLive Events
Learn how IBM LotusLive services can help you:
- Host online meetings, build communities, communicate in real time and share files in one simple place, virtually anytime, from anywhere
- Provide collaboration solutions in a security-rich environment without the hassles of firewalls
- Deliver these services through an online delivery model, reducing cost and startup time, eliminating complicated installations and reducing
- the need for on site IT support
- IBM offers this solution for organizations who want to migrate to a fullcloud based collaboration platform, and for firms who need a hybrid cloud environment
At this session, you will get the opportunity to have hands-on experience with the IBM software suite. We will also show the newly unveiled LotusLive Notes and the latest enhancement to IBM LotusLive.
For companies evaluating a hybrid model, we will show how easy it is to integrate your on-premises Domino infrastructure with LotusLive. This
capability puts LotusLive Notes way ahead of the alternatives from both Google and Microsoft.
Please join us for an Open Mic Q&A discussion on "Customizing the Notes Install Kit". You’ll have an opportunity to ask questions directly of IBM Lotus Developers and Support Engineers.
Date: Wednesday, July 21st, 2010
Time: 10:00 AM Eastern US timefor 60 minutes
Register and RSVP on-line
Once you’ve registered, you’ll receive an email message containing the dial in number and access PIN.
1. Click this RSVP link
2. Provide your name and email address
3. Click Proceed.
Note: The system will stop accepting RSVPs 90 minutes before the start of the call.
Web Conference URL: https://www.lotuslive.com/en/join?schedid=5937820
Q&A and transcript
In addition to asking questions live during the call, you may submit questions in advance as a response to this thread in the Notes/Domino 8.5 forum. A transcript of all questions and answers will be posted to the following technote: